About Purpose Capital
Purpose Capital is an impact investment advisory firm that mobilizes all forms of capital — financial, physical, human and social — to accelerate social progress. We work with both investors to mobilize their portfolios toward impact investments as well as with ventures to unlock impact potential and attract investments toward new or existing business models.
Our team seeks problem solvers and those who are motivated to help others in finding solutions. As a Marketing & Business Development Associate, you will be responsible for providing technical, analytical, research and administrative support in the areas of network management, digital communications and business development as well as other operational functions as needed.
We are a small team of collaborative thinkers, and as a result, you will be the chief advocate for getting our story out to the world and converting that into meaningful business development leads for our team. You will also be exposed to and have the opportunity to support various projects across the entire company. Some of your specific responsibilities include:
Business Development Support
- Market research and analysis of customer/competitor information;
- Gather and provide insights as to outreach and market engagement strategies;
- Schedule business development meetings and coordinate follow up;
- Support proposals and contract development;
- Evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize marketing and business development performance.
Marketing & Communications
- Manage technical aspects of key marketing channels including website, social media and mailing lists;
- Support website redesign;
- Work with PC leadership to establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign and lead management;
- Develop marketing materials and collateral;
- Lead and execute marketing campaigns as it relates to disseminating new product/service offerings, publications and related announcements and activities.
- Supporting the work of other team members in executing client deliverables as needed, including preliminary research, preparing presentations, project coordination;
- Working closely with project team members and management to identify opportunities for knowledge sharing, information dissemination and promotion of our work where appropriate.
You have approximately 3-5 years of professional experience where you can demonstrate:
- Initiative in creating and implementing marketing and communication strategies for a variety for topics and audiences;
- Experience curating content and optimizing network assets for public facing organizations;
- Proficiency with HTML/Java Script/CSS/Adobe Creative Suite;
- Proficiency with WordPress and/or other web CMS tools and integrating them into other platforms;
- Exceptional written communication skills and strong analytical skills, perhaps through broad-scoped research work;
- Ability to succinctly convey relevant information to decision makers through a range of formats.
- Deeply interested and passionate about impact investing, social entrepreneurship, social innovation or social finance;
- Technically capable, an excellent communicator, and have an innate desire to improve processes;
- An entrepreneurial spirit, have high level of self-awareness, empathy, humility and a reliable sense of humour.
You may also have:
- Business level proficiency en français;
- An eye for design.
- Submit resume and cover letter in a single document to email@example.com with the subject: “Application – Marketing & BD Associate”
- If available, please consider submitting a brief writing sample from previous work.
- Successful candidates will be contacted for interview. No phone calls please.
- Deadline to apply is Friday February 23rd, 2018.
Purpose Capital is a Certified B Corporation. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages to our staff and are committed to building an inclusive culture and a diverse team.